One of the best ways that you can add to the value of your home is by replacing your garage door. Garage door replacement can give you a return of 88 percent on your investment while adding to the curb appeal of your home.
It will not be wrong to say that the garage door material largely depends on the personal preference though there are a few practical considerations. So, what is the best material for Garage Door? When it comes to choosing the material for the garage door, you must keep factors like long-term cost, maintenance and flexibility in consideration. Here are a few garage door materials that you can choose to fit into your lifestyle and budget.
- Wood & wood composite: This is without a doubt one of the most authentic and beautiful material for your garage door. The biggest advantage of wood garage door is that it adds to the aesthetics of the home. The grain of the wooden garage door gives a classy touch to your home and gives your home a retro feel. Also, it is possible to customize the wood and wood composite doors, keeping your taste and preference in mind. Also, the wood garage doors are much tougher than any other material and dent resistant.
- Vinyl: Vinyl doors are quite durable and affordable when it comes to the garage doors. One of the biggest advantages of vinyl garage doors is that they require a little maintenance. There is no need of frequent paint touch-ups. Just a simple hose-down and the work is done.
- Steel: It is one of the most popular choices when it comes to garage doors. Steel doors add a modern touch to your home as it is available in a range of designs and colors to choose from. If you choose the two layer galvanized steel, you will never have to worry about maintenance. The steel doors don’t get damaged by the cold or hot temperature and won’t splinter, peel or split with time.
- Aluminum: Aluminum can be extremely lightweight and is, therefore, suitable for the double doors that are extra wide. However, there are some models that are heavier and sturdier as compared to the previous aluminum door versions as well as the laminated panels that can resist the dents. You can even add your touch to the aluminum garage doors with long-lasting finishing and faux look that closely resembles the wood.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is highly malleable. Thus, it can mimic other materials easily. It is possible to customize fiberglass as per your taste and preferences. The fiberglass garage doors don’t dent or crack like the real wood. The fiberglass garage doors are also compatible with a wide variety features such as keypads, automatic lights and garage door openers.
These 5 are the most popular choices when it comes to the garage door. But you must make your pick keeping your home interiors, need, budget and taste in consideration. If you are confused, it is best to seek help from an expert which is the best material for Garage Door in Essex County?