Finally, the spring is here! With the end of the cold days, comes the excitement to reclaim the areas of your home that you have not accessed for long. With spring comes the annual ritual of spring cleaning and there is no better place to start than the garage. As the garage is the most cluttered space, it is often difficult to clean, and you need to be motivated.
Here are some spring cleaning tips for your garage in Bergen County:
- Getting ready: Before you can begin cleaning the garage, you will need to gather the necessary supplies. Get some huge boxes as well as packing tapes. A garbage bag will also be necessary to put in the garbage that you will remove from the garage. You will find that organizing your garage will have tremendous benefits. You can opt to have a garage sale, or you can donate the valuable items. Whatever you choose, just avoid keeping any clutter. The golden rule is to remove things that you haven’t used in the last three years.
- Declutter first: Depending on the amount of clutter and size of your garage, you can choose a full day or even a full weekend dedicated to decluttering and keeping your garage organized. Ensure that the garage cleaning is a project for the entire family. Go through every item while sorting them into four piles-Keep, Sell, Donate, and Toss. To understand what to keep and what to let go, you should ask yourself one question; Have I used this item in the past one year? If you haven’t, then it is time to throw away that item. You do not have to keep the items that you think you may need one day. Don’t you think that it is better to have some space?
- Label the things that you will be keeping: Ensure that whatever will remain in the garage is not only properly organized but also well labeled. It will ensure that is easier for you to quickly find what you are looking for and understand what you need or don’t need.
- Clean from the top to the bottom: Ensure that you clean the garage from top to bottom. Once you have already organized everything and put it in its place, it will be easier for you to proceed with the general cleaning. While this isn’t going to be the cleanest job, you will be amazed by the results when the work is done. Also, a clean garage space will help you zone your space.
- Keep the floor space free: As far as possible, try and keep the floor space free to keep it tidy and organized. One of the best ways is to use the garage walls to keep the tools safe and secured, hang the bicycle and old paintings. It will give you an impression of big and neat garage space.
With these five tips, you will be able complete your garage spring cleaning mission without much of troubles.